The total capacity of steel production to 16 million tonnes per year of steel is produced in an oxygen blown Converter, 16% in electric production of stainless steel, billets, car hire, wire and etc. Main areas of concentration of enterprises of ferrous metallurgy: South Wales (37% of all capacity), Humberside (28%), Teesside (23%) and the southern region of Yorkshire and the Humber consumption of a fantastic read 10.9 million tons (2014), export 7.6 million tons, imports 6.4 million T.
- has a significant positive balance in external trade in steel (about 3-4 g manufacturer of iron and steel – Indian company “Tata Steel” (in 2007 acquired the Anglo-Dutch company “Corus”); its capacity of steel production to 11 million tonnes per year (over 2/3 of national capacity, largest enterprises: the mills in the towns of Port Talbot, Newport (both from Wales, the Bristol channel; total capacity of 4
- 9 million tons of steel per year) and Scunthorpe (East Midlands; 4
- 5 million tons) and metallurgical plants in the cities of STOCKBRIDGE and Rotherham (both from the region Yorkshire and the Humber; 0
- 8 million tons; a single complex for the production of high quality steel for the automotive, aerospace and space, oil and gas and other industries) and rolling plant in the city of Hartlepool (Teesside; steel pipe, including for deep-water oil and natural ant steel producers – the company “Celsa Steel” (the Spanish “Durag Group”; the plant capacity of 1 million tons per year; Cardiff) and the Finnish “Outokumpu” (plant for the production of stainless steel with capacity of 350 thousand tons per year; g y “ELG Carrs Stainless Steels” (1992, is the story of 1902; under the control of the German ELG) and “Sheffield Forgemasters Steel” (1983, is the story of 1805) owned a small plants for the production of special grades of steel and alloys in Sheffield (capacity of 5-10 thousand tons of products per there are approx
- 20 centres for the production of rolled steel: 5 – in South Wales (Llanelli, Cardiff, 4 – in Teesside (Hartlepool, 3 in the West region Yorkshire and the Humber (Rotherham 3 – West Midlands (Birmingham 2 – in North Wales (Deeside village, etc
and one in the East Midlands (Corby) and Scotland rrous metallurgy Nonferrous metallurgy exists in a context of intense competition with imported products, gradually losing entire segments: in 1998 eliminated the production of tin, in 1999, of copper, after 2003 country imported all kinds of non-ferrous metals except industry produces only secondary metals (from domestic and imported scrap and waste), with the exception of primary aluminium (from alumina imported) and lead (36 t, 2013; from own raw ng of primary aluminum from the 2000s, have declined sharply, with 343 thousand tons in 2003 to 45 THD. MT in 2013 (9-e a place in two major factories: the “Anglesey Aluminum Metal” in 2009 (Holyhead, island of Holy island, Wales; the capacity of 145 thousand tons of metal per year; in the joint possession of the British-Australian company “Rio Tinto Group” and the American “Kaiser Aluminum”) and “Alcan Lynemouth” in 2012 (settlement Lynmouth, region North-East of England; capacity of 178 thousand tonnes; under the control of the canadian company “Rio Tinto Alcan”).A few small plants are operating in Scotland (use electricity the local hydroelectric power station) – “Lochaber” in the city of Fort William (capacity of 42 thousand t metal in a year; running “Rio Tinto Alcan”), etc. Production lead 329 thousand tons (2013; 2nd place in Europe after Germany), Nickel 40 kt (3rd place after Norway and Finland); major centers: greater London, Liverpool (North West England), Bristol and Swansea (South ical engineering mechanical engineering is the leading branch of processing industry (approx. 30% of value added and of total ing to the total volume of sales of engineering products V.
occupies the 8th place
in the world (after the USA, China, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and the Republic of issue is technically complex, custom products requiring highly skilled s of machinery and equipment 153,7 10th place in the world after China, Germany, USA, Japan, the Republic of Korea, France, Singapore, Italy and the Netherlands), import 202,6 billion. the negative balance of foreign trade of 48.9 industry is allocated a transport machine building (approx. 1/2 of the entire added value of 25.0 50.7
bn from ., 2013), and especially the automotive industry (13.2 billion approx. 140 thousand production to 1.6 million units, including 1,5 million 71 thousand cars and trucks and buses (2014; 4th place in Europe after Germany, Spain and France, the 14th in the world and 11th in the production of ed 1.4
million vehicles (2014; approx. 88% of production), primarily passenger cars of the prestigious marks (“Rolls-Royce”, “Bentley”, “Jaguar”, “Aston Martin”, “Rover”, but the import of cars (2.4 million